North Mecklenburg Christmas Parade
The Towns of Davidson and Cornelius proudly present the 37th Annual North Mecklenburg Christmas Parade.
- When: Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
- Where: The parade starts in Davidson at the intersection of Griffith Street and Highway 115 and ends in to Cornelius at the intersection of Highway 115 and Catawba Avenue
Registration will open on Monday, August 12.
The time is drawing near for what promises to be one of the largest events to take place in the North Mecklenburg area, and we are glad you will be joining us for one of our longest running traditions. We value your participation and look forward to working with you again this year.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION-We are limited to the first 120 entrants, no exceptions can be made. Please get your entry in early.
-Parade line-up is NOT based on order in which entries are received.
REGISTRATION INFORMATIONWe will be using our Parks and Recreation website this year for parade registration. The website is: www.TownofDavidson.org/DPR
- If you do not already have an account in our system, the first step will be to create an account (this is one-time only). We suggest you create an account prior to August 12 when parade registration begins.
- Once you have an account, you can proceed forward and click on Programs.
- There is a search bar at the top of the program list where you can type in ‘Parade.’
- Click on the Register button for the 37th North Mecklenburg Parade. Fill out the form when prompted.
- Select Entry Type and Save.
- Go to Check Out.
- Accept Waiver.
- Complete forms, make Payment, and click Submit.
You will receive a receipt from RecDesk for your entry. Please retain this receipt.
- Please do not have Santa or Mrs. Claus on your float as Santa will be on the last entry.
- All vehicles and floats must be decorated in a winter holiday theme.
- For the safety of everyone, objects may not be thrown into the crowd (absolutely no candy).
- Soliciting during the event is prohibited.
- Please keep at least 40 Feet (4 Car Lengths) between entries on the parade route keep distance and do not stop.
- Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- The parade committee reserves the right to prohibit costumes, banners, flags, signs, logos or any other props or materials it deems inappropriate.
- All walking units must continue moving forward during the parade. Stopping to perform is not permitted.
- NOT ALLOWED: Go-carts, skate boards, motor vehicles or trailers without NC tags, motorcycles & mopeds.
- Participants riding on floats, vehicles or any moving entry may not get off or on once the entry begins moving. Accidents happen with moving vehicles.
Therefore, the participants are either on or off the entry for the entire period of the parade.
- Only participants/groups who have been issued a parade number may march in the parade/street.
- Vendors must be permitted by the Town of Davidson and/or the Town of Cornelius and may not set up in the roadway.
- In the event of an emergency on the parade route, all participants are asked to move to the right side of the street (southbound lane) to allow emergency services to pass in the left (northbound) lane.
For all other entries (payment required)
This year, all of your line-up information, as well as site and road detour maps will be emailed to all applicants on Friday, November 15 and posted here.
Line-up takes place between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. All parade participants must be in their assigned position no later than 12:00 p.m. Streets will be closed no later than 12:30 p.m. Staff will be on-hand to assist you in finding your assigned spot.
If you have any questions not addressed here, please contact the Davidson Parks & Recreation Department at 704-892-3349 or email@example.com.
We look forward to your participation this year!