- Public Input Session: A Public Input Session will be held on Thursday, December 13 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Davidson Town Hall, 216 S. Main Street. The developer will present an overview of the proposal, answer questions, and collect feedback from residents.
- Updated Plans: An updated master plan was received on 11/26/18. The proposal is being reviewed by Town of Davidson and Meck. County staff. For further information see the Site Info, Timeline, and Documents tabs below.
- Planning Area: Neighborhood Edge
- Project Location: This project is located to the east of Bailey Rd, north of Mayes Rd and to the west of Woodlands Trail Dr.
- Parcel IDs: 00716286, 00716206, 00716207
- Project Description: Development of a residential subdivision on approximately 24 acres including 66 units of single-family and duplex detached housing along with associated public streets and alleys. Public open space, including a park and walking trails, is being provided along Mayes Rd. and throughout the development.
- Developer: The Bayard Group
- Winter: It is anticipated that the Planning Board will review and comment on the proposal. Additional Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff review will be conducted based on the revised plans. If the revised plans address all DPO criteria and outstanding issues then it is anticipated the project will be approved.
- Fall: Staff provided the Planning Board an update on the revised plans at their November meeting. Additionally, it is anticipated that a Public Input Session will be held in early December. Afterwards, a Public Input Session report will be provided by the project team and revised plans addressing resident and staff comments will be submitted.
- Late Summer: Staff provided an overview of the proposal at the Planing Board's August 27 meeting. It is anticipated a Transportation Impact Analysis will be performed in September.
- Summer: The preliminary sketch plan has been reviewed by Town of Davidson and Meck. County staff, with review comments identifying several items for clarification.
- 5/9/18: The Bayard Group submitted an master plan application, which was determined to be incomplete. A revised application was resubmitted on 5/25/18.
- Winter/Spring: The Bayard Group presented several conceptual plans for the site with staff providing feedback on how the proposed plans did/did not meet requirements.
- Late Summer/Fall: The Bayard Group began working with town staff to understand the Planning Area requirements for the site.
- Master Plan Schematic Design: This document set includes the environmental inventory, existing site conditions, and proposed development plan.
- Application: This document includes basic information about the project.
- Statement of Intent: This document includes a more detailed discussion of the development proposal.
- Public Input Session Staff Analysis: This report was produced by the Town of Davidson and describes the site's context as well as the applicable Davidson Planning Ordinance requirements.
- Transportation Impact Analysis: This report was produced by a third-party consultant retained by the Town of Davidson. It includes information on potential traffic impacts of the proposed development.
- Ken Holbrooks, The Bayard Group
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 704-309-8094
- Colin Jenest, Cole Jenest & Stone
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 704-971-4510
Staff Project Manager
- Trey Akers, Senior Planner, Town of Davidson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 704-940-9634