Beaty Street Property RFP
Presentations"Luminous" Request for Proposal Response, January 2017
"Luminous" Proposal, January 2017
Asst. Town Manager Dawn Blobaum's Beaty Street RFP (Presented on February 27, 2017)
"Luminous" Proposal (Presented on February 27, 2017)
Video 1 of February 27, 2017 Meeting (mentioned in first 4.5 minuites)
Video 2 of February 27, 2017 Meeting (Presentation starts at 14:51)
Video 3 of February 27, 2017 Meeting (Full video is continuation of presentations)
Video 4 of February 27, 2017 Meeting (Full video is continuation of presentations)
Asst. Town Manager Dawn Blobaum's Beaty Street RFP Presentation from March 14, 2017
Video 1 of the March 14, 2017 meeting
Video 2 of the March 14, 2017 meeting
Video 3 of the March 14, 2017 meeting
Video 4 of the March 14, 2017 meeting
"Luminous" Revised Preliminary Concept Plan (Presented on April 11, 2017)
Beaty Street Roundtable Questions and Comments May 17, 2017
Transportation (raw notes) Beaty Street Roundtable May 17, 2017
Transportation (categorized notes) Beaty Street Roundtable May 17, 2017
Parks (raw notes) Beaty Street Roundtable May 17, 2017
Parks (categorized notes) Beaty Street Roundtable May 17, 2017
Residential and Affordable Housing (raw notes) Beaty Street Roundtable May 17, 2017
Residential and Affordable Housing (Categorized notes) Beaty Street Roundtable May 17, 2017
Commercial Hotel (raw notes) Beaty Street Roundtable May 17, 2017
Commercial Hotel (categorized notes) Beaty Street Roundtable May 17, 2017
Video of May 23, 2017 meeting (Update begins at 1:14:26)
July 11, 2017 Beaty Street Property presentation by Dawn Blobaum
Video of the July 11, 2017 meeting (Beaty Street public comments begin at :07. Presentation begins at 1:24)
More complete video from July 11, 2017 -- fast forward to 1:15 for public comments
Map of parks in Davidson in proximity to neighborhoods
Frequently Asked Questions (Updated May 31, 2017)
On August 26, 2016, the Town of Davidson issued a request for proposals (RFP) for the purchase and development of the approximately 18 acres of town-owned land along Beaty Street. The town requested proposals from experienced developers to design and build a mixed-use neighborhood. The town acquired the parcels from 1987-2009 with the hopes of developing this land into a mixed-use neighborhood in the future. Over the years, this land has been included in many development plans, but they have never come to fruition. We have considered this land for town facilities, like the fire station, but ruled it out for this use for a variety of reasons.
Watch a video about this.
The Davidson Board of Commissioners selected the original "Luminous" plan to review more specifically as an option for this site.
After hearing from citizens, the "Luminous" developer created a second plan.
In response to requests from the Davidson Board of Commissioners, the developer is working on a third plan that will likely be presented at the July 11 meeting.
Current status as of July 11, 2017
On July 11, 2017 the Davidson Board of Commissioners voted to move forward with contract negotiations with the developer. The latest “Luminous” plan (concept #4), includes the following:
• A maximum of 138 residential units
• On-site affordable housing units (12.5% of the total number of residential units)
• A hotel with a maximum of 135 rooms
• 28,000 square feet of commercial/retail space
• A 7+/- acre public park
• Park amenities including a pond, gazebo, walking trails, and ½ basketball court on- or off-site.
• $550,000 for improvements at the Main Street/Beaty Street intersection and a 10-foot-wide multi-use path along Beaty Street
• A purchase price of $1,650,000
• Potential annual tax revenue to the town of approx. $350,000Next steps:
- The town has received an update to the first appraisal. Updated Appraisal
- The town is seeking a second appraisal.
- The town has created a committee to negotiate a tentative purchase contract with the developer.
- The Davidson Board of Commissioners will consider a vote on the tentative purchase contract with conditions, and staff will begin the upset bid process.
- The Davidson Board of Commissioners will consider a vote on closing the upset bid process and the acceptance of the purchase contract and conditions.
- The developer will enter the due diligence period to investigate the site, followed by the town’s master plan process, which will include a public input session and a transportation impact analysis.
Notifications about this RFP process went out on August 26 to request proposals from experienced developers to design and build a mixed-use neighborhood. Letters of interest are due September 23 and final proposals are due January 18 (moved from December 2).
Information sent to developers on November 18, 2016
Slope Map of Beaty Street Property
Stream Reach Evaluation on Beaty Street Property
Beaty Street Property Appraisal
Approved developments near Beaty Street property
Affordable Housing Price Index
Jurisdictional Wetland Delineation Report
We received six proposals in response to the RFP. They are linked below.
Please contact Asst. Town Manager Dawn Blobaum at 704-940-9615 or email@example.com with any questions.
January 2017: Proposals received
March 27, 2017: "Luminous" developer hosts meeting to gather feedback from citizens
May 20, 2017: Town hosts roundtable discussion to gather feedback from citizens
July 11, 2017: Presentation of updated plan at board of commissioners meeting
August, 2017: Committee will work to negotiate a contract with the developer
Please see "Current Status" for more information.